When you create a particular effect you like, or even a complete Effects Rack configuration with multiple effects, you can save it as a preset for later recall. The preset header is similar for both individual effects and the Effects Rack.
Create and select a preset
Here’s how to create and save a preset for the Amplify effect that boosts gain by +2.5dB.
- Choose File > Open, navigate to the Lesson04 folder, and open the file Arpeggio110.wav.
- Choose Effects > Amplitude and Compression > Amplify. Enter +2.5dB in the Left and Right Gain numeric fields.
- Click the Save Settings as a Preset button to the right of the Presets field. A Save Effect Preset dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the preset, such as +2.5dB increase, and click OK. The preset name then appears in the list of presets.
Delete a preset
To delete a preset, select it, and then click the Trash Can button to the right of the Save Settings as a Preset button.
Create and select a favorite
If you create a preset you expect to use a lot, you can save it as a favorite.
- When the preset settings are as desired, click the star button toward the upper-right corner of the effect window.
- Name this favorite preset in the dialog box that appears.
- Click OK.
- To access the favorite, select the audio you want to process, and then choose Favorites from the menu bar or access the Favorites panel. Select your favorite to apply the preset settings immediately to the selected audio.