- Layer Basics in Adobe Photoshop CC (2014 release)
Andrew Faulkner, Brie Gyncild
- Sep 9, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), you will learn how to work with layers in Adobe Photoshop CC.
- Five Critical Techniques for Creating Seamless Photoshop Composites
- Aug 13, 2014
- Bret Malley, author of Adobe Master Class: Advanced Compositing in Photoshop, enjoys creating digital composites that sometimes seem to turn reality upside-down. Learn five of his techniques for using Photoshop's digital sleight-of-hand to create results that can blow your mind.
- Printing a 3D File in Adobe Photoshop CC (2014 release)
Brie Gyncild, Andrew Faulkner
- Jun 23, 2014
- This excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release) shows how you can create 3D objects in Photoshop—or import 3D objects that have been created elsewhere—and print them directly from Photoshop.
- Favorite Adjustment Layers and Filters for Compositing in Adobe Photoshop
- Jun 19, 2014
- This chapter pushes deep into Bret Malley's four favorite adjustment layers (along with their subterranean features), as well as the Photoshop filters that he finds come in most handy for composite work.
- The Hidden Power of Adjustment Layers in Adobe® Photoshop®: Gradient Fill Vignette
- Jun 3, 2014
- Learn this amazingly fast and flexible vignette technique.
- The Hidden Power of Adjustment Layers in Adobe® Photoshop®: Color Correction Curves
- Jun 2, 2014
- Many times an image will need just a little color correction and not much else. While you can employ several methods to do this, using a Curves adjustment layer can be a quick solution that gives you some flexibility without overwhelming you with options.
- Photoshop CC Update: Linked Smart Objects
- Feb 21, 2014
- Photoshop educator Dan Moughamian brings you up to date on another new feature that’s part of the Photoshop 14.2 update, available to Creative Cloud subscribers. Smart Objects have always been a valuable part of the Photoshop workflow, whether you're a graphic artist or photographer. However, (embedded) Smart Objects can have a downside in that they can substantially increase the file size of your documents. Dan shows you how Smart Objects just got smarter, allowing images to be linked to one another rather than being embedded, providing several advantages.
- Photoshop CC Update: Perspective Warp
- Feb 7, 2014
- Photoshop instructor Dan Moughamian walks you through the Perspective Warp command, the latest addition to Photoshop's arsenal of image transformation tools. Rather than being focused solely on image correction tasks (such as straightening lines), Perspective Warp also allows you to make subtle changes to the camera's viewpoint. This innovation, as well as other new features and JDI enhancements, are available as part of the Photoshop 14.2 update on Creative Cloud.
- Responsive Design with Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Edge Reflow CC (Preview)
- Nov 18, 2013
- Ever since responsive design came into being, designers and developers have been faced with workflow challenges. Do you design several iterations (mobile, tablet, desktop) in a program like Photoshop and hope an explanation of interactivity will suffice, or do you design “in-browser,” or a combination? Adobe expert Brian Wood shows how by using Edge Reflow CC and Photoshop CC, a designer can create a working mockup that will give the client an idea of what the finished responsive design will look like.
- 3D Photoshop: Inflating Objects from Photographs
- Oct 3, 2013
- Learn how to model 3D objects directly from photographs, using Photoshop’s inflation tool.
- Using Photoshop CC and ACR’s Powerful Tone Mapping and Color Correction Tools to Create 32-Bit HDR Photos
- Aug 14, 2013
- Over the past few years, Adobe has provided Photoshop users with variations on an HDR workflow for photographers, but the options for precisely mapping tones and colors (especially) were somewhat limited. Today, using Photoshop CC, Photoshop and Lightroom educator Dan Moughamian shows how you can open a merged, 32-bit image into a brand-new (but very familiar) environment, to create those HDR photos.
- Sharpening Photos with the Enhanced Photoshop CC Smart Sharpen Filter
- Jul 5, 2013
- Photoshop expert Dan Moughamian shows how to leverage the power of the newly updated Smart Sharpen filter in Photoshop CC, improving the details in your rendered picture formats, outside the raw workflow.
- Martin Evening on Upright Adjustments in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
- Jul 2, 2013
- In this excerpt from The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers, Martin Evening explains how Upright adjustments work, suggests an order for Upright adjustments, and shows how to synchronize Upright settings.
- Removing Camera Shake with the Photoshop CC Shake Reduction Filter
- Jun 28, 2013
- No way to steady your camera for a shot? You could increase the ISO or shutter speed, or brace yourself against a tree or wall, and the image might look sharp, but even subtle lens movement can blur edge details. Finally, Photoshop has a reliable way to address this problem! Photoshop educator Dan Moughamian shows how the new Shake Reduction filter in Photoshop CC can help you reclaim some of those blurred pixels.
- Creating Effects with the Radial Filter Tool in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Adobe Creative Team
- Jun 13, 2013
- You can use the Radial Filter tool—new in Lightroom 5—to create off-center custom vignettes, amongst other effects, by applying local adjustments to a selected area in an image through a feathered elliptical mask.
- Using Smart Filters in Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Creative Team
- May 15, 2013
- Learn how to apply the Liquify filter, position other layers, and edit a Smart Filter in Adobe Photoshop CC.
- Adobe Photoshop Master Class: Jaclyn Corrado
- Feb 11, 2013
- Artist Jaclyn Corrado discusses her approach to photography and Photoshop in her work.
- Adobe Photoshop Master Class: An Interview with Ibarionex Perello
- Jan 21, 2013
- Peachpit interviews Ibarionex Perello, author of Adobe Master Class: Photoshop Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists, about the inspirational artists featured in the book, what they have in common, and where he draws his own inspiration.
- Basic Photo Corrections in Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Creative Team
- Sep 28, 2012
- Adobe Photoshop includes a variety of tools and commands for improving the quality of a photographic image. This lesson steps you through the process of acquiring, resizing, and retouching a photo intended for a print layout. The same basic workflow applies to web images.
- Masks and Channels in Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Creative Team
- Sep 27, 2012
- Learn how to create a mask to remove a subject from a background, refine a mask to include complex edges, create a quick mask to make changes to a selected area, edit a mask using the Properties panel, manipulate an image using Puppet Warp, save a selection as an alpha channel, view a mask using the Channels panel, load a channel as a selection, isolate a channel to make specific image changes.