Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Adobe Illustrator CS3 Classroom in a Book
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 488
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-50964-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-50964-2
This thorough guide to Adobe Illustrator CS3 is ideal for beginning users who want to master the key features of Adobe's powerful vector drawing software. Using clear, step-by-step lessons, each chapter contains a project that builds upon the reader's growing knowledge of the software, while review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce key concepts and skills. Adobe Illustrator CS3 is jam-packed with new features and enhancements, including Live Color, a new environment that enables users to explore, apply, and save custom color configurations; improved integration with Adobe Flash CS3, which ensures that your vector illustrations import effortlessly to Flash with their anchor point positions, layers, and paths intact; a new Eraser tool, which lets users quickly modify objects or create entirely new shapes; a new Crop Area tool, which lets users set up a workspace so that it's automatically primed for the type of media that will display their design, whether it's print, Web, video, or film; new document profiles, newly improved drawing tools and controls, and much more. Whether you're brand-new to Adobe Illustrator or are looking for a project-based tutorial to familiarize yourself with Illustrator CS3's new features, this book provides you with the key techniques and tips you need to get the most out of this software.
Educational instructor notes—created to help teachers plan, organize, and time their lessons—are available for this book (and for other Classroom in a Book titles) at www.peachpit.com/instructorresources.
Table of Contents
What’s New in Adobe Illustrator CS3
A Quick Tour of Adobe Illustrator CS3
1. Getting to Know the Work Area
2. Selecting and Aligning
3. Creating shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Drawing with the Pen tool
6. Color and Painting
7. Working with type
8. Working with Layers
9. Blending Shapes and Colors
10. Working with Brushes
11. Applying Effects
12. Applying Appearance Attributes and Graphic Styles
13. Working with Symbols
14. Combining Illustrator CS3 Graphics with the Creative Suite
15. Printing Artwork and Producing Color Separations